Welcom to Ajisth’smomstyle. So here is the next post of my Yoga series.
Yoga is a type of exercise regimen that has been practiced for thousands of years and has originated in India in the Hindu culture, which is predominant in the Indian subcontinent. This type of exercise regimen also includes spirituality and meditation to help body and mind and is practiced today by millions of people all over the world. Yoga is celebrated all over the world and promoted by the government and has become popular in all major countries on the planet. The poses and positions involved in yoga are called asana.
There are many different asanas that are part of yoga and benefit of each asana is different as I had shared earlier about SIRSASANA . And now I’m going to share about Bakasana . It’s a major type of asana that is popular among yoga students all over the world. This asana is also called crow’s pose in the west to make it easier to follow.
Bakasana or crow’s pose or crane’s pose is balancing on the hands with spread fingers on the floor. In this pose, while balancing on the hands, the knees are pushed towards the stomach whereas the feet are kept above the ground. The gaze is forward and towards the ground and the balance is maintained on the hands while the feet are lifted up towards the hips. The asana is tricky with many steps and poses so it is advisable to learn these kinds of poses through a certified yoga teacher. The following are some of the benefits of Bakasana.
Benefits of Bakasana :
• Physical and mental health generally improves when people practice yoga on a regular basis. This type of asana makes the entire body stronger especially core muscles, spine, wrists, and arms. Arms, shoulders and the upper body becomes more toned and become stronger because of this asana.
• Bakasana is a pose that requires people to balance on their hands. This is a difficult pose and also helps improve the focus, balance, and endurance of the individual.
• This asana helps with digestion. A good digestion helps to maintain the overall health of an individual. The abdominal muscles are toned and strengthened by practicing this asana.
• All types of asanas are designed in such a way that they help the body and mind. Similarly, Bakasana strengthens the body and mind and makes individuals stronger. It makes people face fears better and also gives them more confidence in their own abilities which calms the mind. It makes individuals more physically and mentally prepared for challenges in life.
• This is a complete body asana and also helps the lower body. It strengthens the inner thighs and groin area and makes the legs stronger in the process. This asana is very popular as it ensures a complete body workout and also helps mental health.
Bakasana is called the crow’s pose or crane’s pose in the west. This is because of how the pose looks and using Indian terms makes it harder for people in the west to follow these asanas. Yoga is a very beneficial practice that is followed by millions and yoga has helped millions lead better stronger lives all over the world.
I am participating in #Myfriendalexa and trying to take my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. #amswrites
Do not forget to comment if you liked my article.
Thanks for reading
– Rashmi Singh