Welcome to Ajisth’smomstyle. Today I’m here with a very common but serious problem for babies. As parents, we all know that it is common for children to have nasal congestion from time to time but I was always eager to know how we can get rid of this.
How can I forget that incident a few days ago? That night was so bad, my baby Ajith’s nose was blocked. He was getting up again and again due to trouble sleeping at night as he could not breathe properly. His dad was out of station. My mind was completely blocked and I was feeling very helpless at that time. I started crying and did not understand what I should do so that my son could get comfortable and go back to sleep. Then I checked my drawer and I found Nasivion. Omg! How did I forget that I had told my husband about Ajith’s nasal congestion yesterday and he had bought Nasivion after consulting with the physician. Without any delay I instilled it in my son’s nostrils. He started to breathe easily and slept peacefully after that. Thanks to these magical drops, now my baby sleeps peacefully again!!!
Now I would like to share some symptoms and remedy for the relief of nasal congestion with you according to my personal experience.
What is Nasal Congestion?
When the nose passages gets blocked, it’s called nasal congestion. Nasal congestion is a symptom of the common cold, flu, sinusitis and allergies.
Symptoms of Nasal Congestion :
• Sleep deprivation: In Nasal congestion, babies cannot sleep properly at night due to the blocked nose, and therefore, they feel sleepy during the day. With a stuffy nose, nights are much worse than days. Children stay awake all night because they cannot breathe properly.
• Crankiness: Due to the stuffy nose, children become very cranky. Children cry because of discomfort due to nasal congestion.
• Difficulty in eating: If the child will not feel good, then how will he eat? Due to nasal congestion, the children feel difficulty in eating and that is why they tend to avoid eating.
• Obligatory nose breathers: Nasal congestion can cause difficulty in breathing through the nose. Especially for children who are 0-1 year old as they essentially breathe from the nose.
Remedies for relief :
Usually the baby’s nose clears up by itself within a week, but we can try some remedies by ourselves too, to help children recover quickly.
• With the help of a cotton ball and warm water you can clean the hard mucus of your baby’s nose.
• We can use few drops of saline for thinning the mucus. After this, we can remove the mucus very easily, which helps the baby to feel more comfortable.
• While sleeping, raise the baby’s head slightly with the help of a little towel or cloth, which will not make him suffocated.
• Use nasal drops such as Nasivion after consulting with a physician or a pediatrician. Nasivion is a nose drop, which helps to unblock the nose. Its active ingredient Oxymetazolin provides easy breathing for your baby for up to 12 hours. You can easily purchase this product from the market or direct from their website. Nasivion Nasal Saline Solution can be the first line of treatment, as it is safe and can be used by anyone. If the problem is aggravated then after consulting the doctor, one can opt for Nasivion (Mini) Baby Nose Drops or Nasivion Pediatric (Child) Nose drops depending on the age of the child.
For detailed information please prefer these links :
My baby is smiling now because I have a solution for his blocked nose. Have you tried it yet? If not, then give it a try. Because I know there is nothing worse than seeing your child suffer from nasal congestion. I don’t want have any other parent to go through what I went. So always keep Nasivion with you and let your child smile.
Don’t forget to comment below if you find my article helpful.
Disclaimer : This is a sponsored post but I have shared my thoughts and experience honestly.
Thank you for reading.