Know About Corona Virus Symptoms and Prevention
CoronaVirus, the word itself is very ferocious. It has become a trend these days and people take extra precautions to protect themselves from CoronaVirus. This is a dangerous type of virus that majorly affects mammals. These viruses directly attack the respiratory tract of the victims. You can only observe the common symptoms such as common cold, cough, sneezing and viral fever. In severe cases, one can also suffer from pneumonia and SARS aka acute respiratory syndrome. CoronaVirus symptoms are common as discussed, one must have an idea about precautions and treatment.
It is undeniable to say that CoronaViruses are zoonotic.
Zoonotic means they are continuously transmitted all in between human beings and animals. Scientists and doctors all over the world have made research and found that SARS-CoV, the virus was transmitted from civet cats to human beings. Whereas, MERS-CoV was transmitted from dromedary camels to human beings. Apart from this, there are several types of Coronaviruses available.
Types of Coronavirus:
Coronaviruses belong to the Coronaviridae family and when we take into consideration the types, there are in all seven types of viruses that affect human beings. Different types of coronaviruses have different types of the criticality of illness and how they are spread.
Currently, there are seven types of Coronavirus that can severely affect human health. Common types of Coronaviruses include
229E (alpha coronavirus), NL63 (alpha coronavirus), OC43 (beta coronavirus), HKU1 (beta coronavirus), MERS-CoV (beta coronavirus that leads to Middle East Respiratory Syndrome or simple MERS), SARS-CoV (beta coronavirus that leads to acute and severe respiratory syndrome or the SARS) and 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov).
2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov): On January 9th, 2020, the World Health Organization concluded that novel aka new coronavirus was founded by the Chinese authorities. This coronavirus was identified in Wuhan City, China and there was an outbreak of severe pneumonia.
SARS-CoV: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus aka SARS-CoV was identified first time in China in the year 2002. Almost 8,090 were severe cases of coronavirus and almost 774 people died due to the outbreak.
MERS-CoV: Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) was first identified in the Saudi Arabian regions in 2012. This virus caused illness in several other nations.
Corona Virus Symptoms:
CoronaVirus types include 229E, OC43, HKU1, NL63 and lots more. Usually, the symptoms of Coronavirus are moderate such as upper-respiratory tract illnesses, common cold, fever, headache and more. Also, sore throat, coughing, runny nose and all the common symptoms are visible here. Human coronaviruses can cause lower respiratory tract illnesses and there is also shortness in breath, weak immune system, cardiopulmonary disease and lots more.
Almost 3 to 4 people out of 10 have MERS CoV.
Corona Virus Precautions:
Currently, there is no vaccination for the prevention of CoronaVirus. The best way to prevent this infection is to avoid being exposed outside. However, take the below steps to prevent the spread of CoronaVirus:
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Avoid touching nose, eyes, mouth and other body parts with unwashed hands
- Do not go out while you are sick
- Cover your sneezing or cough with a clean white tissue and discard the tissue in the trash
- Clean the environment and keep your things clean
- Clean yourself and wear well-washed clothes
- Use a face mask wherever you visit
- Wash hands with soap and sanitizer
- Avoid eating dangerous foods
As it is well known contagious diseases can spread via several ways like coughing, sneezing or simple viral fever. There has been researched about how human coronavirus spread from one person to another person.
However, it has been observed that the CoronaViruses are transmitted through the use of secreted fluid that is extracted from the respiratory system.
Corona Viruses is spread through:
- Coughing, sneezing with no cover on the mouth. This can spread the droplets in the air and viruses can spread the virus from one person to another
- Making constant eye contact with the object or surface that possesses the virus and touching the nose, mouth or eyes
- Touching and shaking your hands with a person who has the virus. This can affect your health to a greater extent.
- CoronaViruses can be transmitted by consuming hazardous mammals and animals like snakes and bats like people consume those animals.
Corona Virus Treatment and diagnosis:
Currently, there is no specific medication and treatment for CoronaVirus infection types. People infected with CoronaViruses should get supportive care and treatment to cure symptoms. One should also safeguard vital organ functions and body parts.
If you are experiencing similar symptoms, then you should inform your healthcare provider about the same. Most CoronaVirus infections have been reported from China, Arabian Peninsula, and other nations. In severe cases, people with CoronaVirus can die.
Some truths about the CoronaVirus, as per the research of the World Health Organization::
- More than 16,000 worldwide are currently infected with the life-taking CoronaVirus
- There has been the maximum number of deaths in China during CoronaVirus outbreak
- The WHO aka World Health Organization helps people worldwide to gain perfect information about CoronaVirus outbreak.
The CoronaViruses have now been detected in more than 23 nations of the world. As discussed earlier, more than 16,000 people have been detected with CoronaViruses. Majorly, China is infected with this life taking virus. More than 360 people are dead.
Also, Read about Cold and Cough Balm Safe for Baby